Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dusty ! This is for you my Darling !

1996 ....... I visited a friend ! a beauitiful home , a beauitiful person and her beauitiful pets !
Pinchu he was called ....... Short for Helmut Prince and She ...... Bessy .
He came all the way from Moscow and she from Bangalore , to be his companion .
Both , perfect American cocker spanials ........ just perfect !
I so want , one of their offspring when they have one , i said , and she promised " Yes ".
Almost a year later on the 14th of feb , i got a call saying " they have just had your baby " .
And , so into my life entered , life again !
hardly over 250 grams was he , 42 days old , just big enough to fit into my palms , as i rocked him to sleep ...... absolutely loveable ....... divine .
My carpenter's were working .... sawdust and wood all over the place .
And this little ball of wool , loved a roll in it , and so ! he was christened " Dusty " .
The pet of the home , the light of our lives ..... the name called the most ....."Dusty".
He got upto mischief , tore up the socks , bit up the shoes , and we all yelled ... " Dusty".
He woke up the kids , to get them ready for school , and i said ....." thank you Dusty" !
Ready at the door , to either say "Bye " or " Hi " , he's been always there ....." Dusty " .
Sitting by my side , every time the tears rolled , silently saying ......" i'm your Dusty".
11 long years , from puppy to pet , pet to kid , and kid to soulmate !
I've grown to love you so much .............my Dearest Dusty ! ! ! !
You have taught me some of life's most beauitiful lessons .......... Silently, quietly , without saying a word !
I owe so much of myself to you ........."Dusty ".

I watch him as he is today ...... in his years ... older than me ??
suffering aches and pains of old age ........... silently !
Almost like a father ........ to that mother in me .
Those watery eyes , that can hardly see .
A limp in those paws , that were once sprightly .

Were you that little pup in my palms ? ? " my darling Dusty "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so beautifully written. It is true, pups do become more than just pets so quickly. Amazingly, they understand you so well. And even though they cannot speak, you know that they are always there for you to feel sad when you are sad or dance around you when they are happy. Thanks for sharing. Your ICYEP friend.