Friday, April 25, 2008

oasis or mirage ??

I sit in a green oasis , palm trees swaying in the breeze , memories of the past , beauitiful and sad .
Firmly grounded to the present , and
The future but a speck in time .........
How much is a speck in time worth ?
Can time set a price , to buy that speck in time ?
If time had a personality to itself , would it be happy with the things it's done ?
Changes ! the very history of nations , lives of millions, relationships , memories , heartbreaks , upheavels , surprises .
What is that moment worth ?
The moment when the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki ,
The moment when the planes crashed into the pentagon and the WTC ,
The moment when innocent children lost limbs in mindless mines planted ,
The moment when loved ones leave , for this lifetime or just for now .
Worth ?
The ANGUISH of a smothered population !
The SHOCK of a striken nation !
The PAIN of a dismembered child !
The HEARTACHE of a grieving soul !
That is the price of that one moment , when time ironically smiles at it .
that not only that one moment , but entire humanity pays .
For somewhere etched in the memory chip of the akarshic records ,time leaves engraved its name , with our wrong doing .
And with that name will go down the anguish , shock , pain and heartache of an entire spectrum .
I look around , no oasis i see .
just plain sand , my mirages and me .
Deserted ! for this speck of time !
In an endless journey ...............
LIFE .........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sedna,
There is this beautiful ballad of " Burn baby burn " of Bruce Cockburn
The song goes like this....

" Look away across the bay
Yankee gunboat come this way
Uncle Sam gonna save the day
Come tomorrow we all gonna pay...
And it's burn baby burn
When am I going to get my turn
Something dead under the bed
Local diplomats hang their heads
Never mind what the government said
They're either lying or they've been misled...
And it's burn baby burn
When am I going to get my turn
Phillipines was yesterday
Santiago and Greece today
How would they ever make the late news pay
If they didn't have the CIA?
And it's burn baby burn
When am I going to get my turn
Here it comes, the loaded gun
"Must keep the Commies on the run"
You'd buy or bury everyone
For liberty and life
And just plain fun
And it's burn baby burn
When am I going to get my turn "

you remind me of my sweet past